Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Panic Button

Do you ever have those days where you feel like a car, and someone keeps hitting the panic button on the car remote?  I've had a few days where I have felt like that over the past few weeks.  Summer is drawing to a close and there is just so much time and so little to do!!  Scratch that, reverse it.

School starts in less than two weeks.  I am not really looking forward to it.  I mean, who honestly looks forward to the coming of the bane of their existence?  It's like being tied to a wall and having one of those hatchet throwing guys telling you not to flinch as he throws the hatchet, because he is about 85% certain he won't hit you.  You know it's coming, and you may have confidence in the guy.  Heck, you may not even flinch, but it doesn't mean that you are looking forward to it.  At this point, the hatchet is flying recklessly through the air towards me...
See?  Calm and Peaceful

Yet, still I find ways to keep myself distracted.  I have a lot I still wish to do with what remains of summer.  Most of it involves being outside enjoying the weather and nature. Fishing (I seem to be on that kind of buzz recently) is always a pleasant option.  I rather enjoy the calm that surrounds the activity.  It almost always involves a trip to my "Nothing" box and is quite therapeutic, especially with hatchets flying at you, metaphorically speaking.


So here are my Top 5 to finish out the summer:

  1. Hiking Tony Grove
  2. Backpacking in the Uintahs
  3. Demolition Derby
  4. Swimming (Porcupine Reservoir)
  5. Floatin' the Flume
Now if only there were an EASY button to get everything I need for school...

No comments:

Post a Comment